What are the requirements to become a Private Pilot?
Created by: David Tushin
Modified on: Fri, 19 Jun, 2020 at 2:03 AM
- There are no age requirements to start training, but you must be at least 16 years old to solo, and 17 years old to become a Private Pilot
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Pass the required FAA Knowledge Exam (That’s where this course comes in)
- Meet the Aeronautical Experience (Flight) Requirements – See Below
- Pass an FAA Practical Exam that consists of an Oral Exam and a Practical Test with an FAA Examiner or Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE)
- For a detailed listing of all of the FAA requirements, we have added a link below to the Federal Aviation Regulations which cover licensing requirements for a Private Pilot.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.